Moving to Culcheth

Talk to other members about issues in Culcheth

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

Moving to Culcheth

Postby admeon1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 am

Hey, I'm moving to Culcheth with my family in a few months time once our current property has been sold so I thought i'd join up to the forum. My name is Ad, we currently live in the Birmingham area but we've decided to move to Culcheth as my wife was born there and still has a lot of family living in the area. Figured it would be good for the kids as they'll get to see their grandparents and cousins on a more regular bases. I can do my work on the go and my wife already has a positioned lined up so we're very much looking forward to the move.
admeon1

Re: Moving to Culcheth

Postby stemaw » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi,

Welcome to Culcheth. It's a great place for families and I'm sure everyone will make you feel welcome.

There's plenty going on in the village for the younger ones. If you want to see what local societies are available for the kids then there's a list here: http://culcheth.org.uk/societies but if you have family in the area then I'm sure they'll give you a steer in the right direction.

Steve
stemaw

Re: Moving to Culcheth

Postby 12stringer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm

A few echoes here - I was originally from 'Brum' but lived in North Yorkshire between 1987 and September this year when I moved to Culcheth to be nearer to my daughter and her family. (My wife died just before Christmas last year). I can confirm that this is a very friendly place to live with what seems to be a very varied set of activities and amenities for those who want to partake. There are 3 good schools for infant and primary age pupils and an excellent High School. I've only recently arrived here and am waiting for work on my new home to be completed, but I got to know something about the village during those years when my wife and I used to travel here mid-week to look after our granddaughters until they were both in school (at the truly outstanding Culcheth Community School).

Good luck with your move. I hope you find Culcheth to be as warm and friendly a place as have I.
12stringer

Return to Culcheth General Chat