Hob Hey Lane School photo 1951

Share your memories and experiences of Culcheths past.

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

Hob Hey Lane School photo 1951

Postby Stoodles » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 am

As promised last month, here is a photo of the reception class. You must recognise Miss Bridge, can you see yourself or anyone else you know? What was the official name of this school?
Susan, Hob Hay Lane School 1951 - Copy.jpeg
Susan, Hob Hay Lane School 1951 - Copy.jpeg (46.17 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
Stoodles

Re: Hob Hey Lane School photo 1951

Postby Janet H » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:49 pm

I discovered Culcheth.net, last December ,Stoodles.
It is an excellent on line forum.
If you are new to it,you are in for a treat especially if you have moved away from the area.
May I suggest that you stroll down "Memory Lane"?
Janet H

Postby Beechboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm

I certainly remember Miss Bridges as my first teacher at the primary school at Withington Avenue,I have mentioned her a few times when I have written about my school days,she was deputy head to Mrs Preston at the junior school,she looks as I remember her but taller and happier than I recall,to me as a young child she was always serious but kind.
Beechboy

Postby suelaw45 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 am

Hi, Have just joined this forum, and have come across this brilliant picture. I cannot bring to mind all the names, just a few from the middle row, from left. 1? 2 Ann Wright
3? 4 Sheila Derbyshire?, 5 me, Sue Dempsey, 6 Kay Sexton and the boy being Edward Lunt. In the back row second from left I think is Martin Lee, the Vicar's son.
After Hob Hey, we moved to the parish hall whilst the new school was being built, and had two classrooms there, our teacher being Miss Hazledene. We moved to Plymouth in 55/56, where I still live. Each year I go to Manchester to visit a friend, and we try to find our way back to where I lived, the police houses on Warrington Road Risley. So far no luck, but will try with a Sat Nav next time. Wonderful childhood could not have wished for better. I have a couple of school photos taken both in the parish hall and the new school, will try and get them uploaded.
suelaw45

Return to Memory Lane