local beekeepers

Talk to other members about issues in Culcheth

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

local beekeepers

Postby beeman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

I keep bees in culcheth and I was wondering if there were any other beekeepers local to me?
if anyone has any swarms they need gone I can assist.
thx
beeman

Re: local beekeepers

Postby Purps2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 am

Welcome to the boards Beeman

I would love keep a hive or two to but my OH is not keen :roll:

I will keep an eye out for any swarms for you although the only buzzy things I seem to attract in numbers are wasps :twisted:
Purps2

Postby ebgb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Beeman; are you willing to bring your expertise to us ? I'd like to enrol if you set up some club or classes
ebgb

Postby beeman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

When you say bring expertise to us who is "us"
I have a spare bee suit and a bee smock suitable for a child. I will be happy to show people my girls, though sometimes they aren't happy for me to look. So that sort of limits numbers somewhat.
Best times are when its sunny warm and in the afternoon when most of the workers are out....thats the bees not people.
The fewer the bees in the hive the easier it is. Unfortunately I grab an opportunity when I see it in this weather.
We are in the last few days or weeks of honey production if the weather can hold and the last chance to see a frame or two full of honey before I steal it from them.
I live on Lodge drive and my bees are in my back garden.
beeman

Postby Culchethian » Sun May 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Beeman - I have what I think are honey bees nesting in a bird box if you are still interested in removing these?
Culchethian

Postby beeman » Sat May 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Yes I can, birdbox seems a little small for a beehive but I can have a look see and let you know what sort of bees they are.
If they are honey bees I can remove. if they are any other then they shouldn't cause any nuisance as they won't get to be too large in number.
beeman

Postby Barbara79 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:43 am

Hi,
Are you still keeping bees in Culcheth? I've done beekeeping course for beginners in April and I'm attending practical classes in Heaton Park Apiary every Monday. I would love to learn more about beekeeping from local beekeepers before setting my own beehive.
Barbara79

Return to Culcheth General Chat