Gypsy's in the village

Do you have problems with Antisocial behaviour?

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

Gypsy's in the village

Postby Paul Kersey » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Invasion on the village green, make sure everything is locked up safe :x

Title Edited slightly :?
Paul Kersey

Re: Gypsy's in the village

Postby umpire » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Gypsy's moved on Thursday morning anyone know what got them to move so quickly?
umpire

Postby Phantom » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:36 pm

They have moved up towards Risley near to New Church primary school now I believe. Think the police and council got involved and moved them on.
Image Image

Any views expressed by members of the forum are their own and not that of the forum.
Phantom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vee » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 pm

They're on the field between Taylor business estate and the linear park right now.
Vee

Postby ebgb » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:21 pm

The village green has been an open invitation for too long. Having been finally breached perhaps we should have some unobtrusive deterrent put in place. Perhaps some redundant motorway crash barrier. Access point, which is locked throughout the year, for our carnival and bank holiday events.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ebgb

Postby umpire » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Who ever was in charge of the Gipsy extraction did a great job, it would be a shame if barriers were to be installed, it would take the charm of the village green away.
umpire

Postby Lanky Lad » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:15 am

Watch out for a green 4x4 with orange lights on the top - they were trying the gate and trespassing with a lurcher in the fields off Wilton Lane last night. Parked the 4x4 next to a private property keep out sign. Moved on by the farmer.
If you can keep your head,
When everyone around you is losing their's,
You haven't a clue about
What's really going on!
Lanky Lad

Postby ScottLang » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:57 am

Nice to see some down to Earth conversation on this, its been out of hand on the fb site regarding this. At least here you can hopefully keep this gypsy discussion to one thread.

Just to note I have heard of a number of break in attempts round were they have set up base, so as am sure you are all already doing make sure you dont have any valuables on show in your car and house and lock all doors / windows or at least if you have modern windows put them on the latch so you can still get a breeze without the window being prised open.
ScottLang

Postby Unbelievable » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 pm

I believe our new local councillor Matt Smith was on the Village green until past midnight involved in negotiations with the Travellers. As they moved the following morning it was job well done, but not for long. The location they are in now is not far from where I live. I went to have a look yesterday and heard two of them arguing on the other side of the hedge. I heard one tell the other to relax and to stop getting stressed out. He said "They can't do anything, they have to get a licence to make us go"! I hurried away then in case they saw me. (How very brave). My husband went for his morning stroll today and found that they are using the area around the local childrens tree rope swing on the old railway as a toilet. There is excrement and used toilet paper all over. He said they have also started dumping their rubbish in the bushes. He spoke to the police at the entrance to the site but they said there was nothing they could do. They said they feel for us and are working hard with the landowners and powers that be to get them moved. We could be in for a long haul here.
Unbelievable

Postby saza911 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Where abouts on Wilton Lane? I keep my horses down there :(
saza911

Postby saza911 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 pm

I was told that the land owner offered them the use of the field to get them to move off the green before any damage was done.
They are in town as there is a very large gypsy wedding in Hale area (not sure why they have taken residence in Culcheth?)
They are over from Ireland and NORMALLY they aren't the trouble makers so fingers crossed they don't make a liar out of me!
saza911

Postby ebgb » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:35 pm

umpire wrote:Who ever was in charge of the Gipsy extraction did a great job, it would be a shame if barriers were to be installed, it would take the charm of the village green away.

The barriers wouldn't need to be more than 2' high. Its a bit too late to worry about losing the charm of the village green, or the charm of Shaw Street, M&S Glazebury, Silver Lane or now the fields adj to Taylors Ind Estate
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ebgb

Postby Phantom » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 pm

They have trashed the Noggin in Risely i am led to believe. I was in there with my wife and baby earlier today, there was a few travellers in there while we were having a meal, a little loud but not causing too much of nuisence. We left around 5pm about 30mins later there was a number of police cars outside. Staff refunded the customers in there at tthe time and closed the place while they clean up.
Image Image

Any views expressed by members of the forum are their own and not that of the forum.
Phantom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Janet H » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

It couldn't be anything to do with Orangemen's Day could it?
When I lived in Southport we couldn't move for Irish and Liverpudlian Orangemen on July 12th.
Janet H

Return to Problems in the Village.